Your information is very important to us and we look after your information carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. We’ve set out below more detail on what information we collect about you and how we use that information.
Any reference to "we", "us" and "our" is to I Want a Splashback.
What information do you collect?
What information we collect about you depends which of our Services you are using. The information that we may collect includes:
- your name, address, postcode, email address, telephone number, payment details and service details (if applicable);
- information about your use of our Services including details of your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, the content you viewed on our Services, how long you stayed and on which pages, and your navigation around the Services;
- location data from your IP address or by accessing global positioning functionality on your device (e.g. GPS).
- other data from time to time to help us provide you with improved products and services – for example when we ask you to fill in a survey or questionnaire;
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
When and how do you collect information?
- when you register for Services. including (without limitation) when buying from us or when you otherwise update your details;
- when you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- when you participate in interactivity, for example, when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw, or you vote in one of our polls;
- when you request to be sent communications such as updates or newsletters;
- in monitoring your use of the Services including (without limitation) communications sent by you via the Services;
- when you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Services at any other point;
- from third party suppliers who have confirmed to us that they are authorised to pass your information to us in accordance with your legal rights.
Cookies and similar devices
How will you use my information?
Your information may be used by us and our authorised third parties to:
- monitor, develop and improve the Services and/or your experience. This may include personalising the advertising and content you see, based on the details given by you and/or your activity on the Services;
- assist in and administer the provision of Services to you;
- send you or provide you with product and service recommendations;
- process payments from you to us (where applicable) on our behalf;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- contact you with service messages;
Will I be sent marketing messages?
Generally, we will only send you marketing messages if you indicate that you consent (e.g. by "opting-in") to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we may:
- send you information by email, telephone (including SMS and MMS), mail or other methods of communication about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- send you information by email, telephone (including SMS and MMS), mail or other methods of communication about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and pass your details to selected third parties so that they may send you information by email, telephone (including SMS and MMS), mail or other methods of communication about products or services that may be of interest to you.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the 'unsubscribe', 'stop' or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in "Contact us" below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
To opt-out of receiving any such communications from a third party, you will need to contact the applicable third party. Please note that we are not responsible for the communications or the content of any communications you receive from any such third party.
Do you share my information?
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- to third parties authorised by us and acting on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- where we have your consent to do so, for marketing communications (see section on "Marketing Communications" above);
- as part of general statistical information about the Services’ user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
- where relevant, the user name and some profile information you voluntarily provide may be published on areas of the Services such as forums, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available;
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or people that we do not employ or manage, including (without limitation) third party websites or applications/widgets (e.g. from "social media" platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to, nor does it cover advertisers. Also, it does not cover certain pages and services provided via our Services which are hosted, managed and operated by other parties. These services, applications and third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using any such services. These third parties and services are wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of their relationship with you and any use you may make of such services.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where reasonably possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
How can I change my details?
Where you register your details for certain Services and open a user account with us that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services, you may change or update some of your details at any time via your account. If you are not registered for these Services but wish to update your details then please contact us (see "Contact Us" section below). You should please make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with all relevant changes.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com.